Sunday, August 4, 2013

If a Tree Falls...is it a Broken Item of the Week?

I know, I know.  If anybody is still here does my blog exist?

It's been a real exciting time these last six months so I've had no time to blog. So much happening, so little time. If you believe that, I've got some marshland in moose country to sell you.

A month or so ago, we had one of our huge old ash trees cut down. What can I say, it was blocking our satellite reception. It also shaded our front lawn a lot. A whole lot.

Here is a pictorial account of the dirty deed.

I think you can click on the photos to make them bigger.  The guys figured the tree was about 60-70 feet tall.

You wouldn't catch me up there.

Live action shot.

TIMBER!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning up the mess. Praise be. We have enough wood from that tree to heat our house for the winter.  Plus I get to watch Honey Boo Boo in HD.  It's a win win.

CEO of Mischief and Mayhem


This little man was in heaven with all the trucks, tractors and noise.

9 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh my gosh that looks so beautiful where you are and cutting down that tree looks like a huge undertaking...a lot of good wood for the winter and good tv reception what could be better...come on over for a visit..

Razmataz said...

I love your sense of humor. As much as I love big trees, they do block the sunshine, especially in the winter....and satellite reception is very important

An Urban Cottage said...

I don't know if I could take Mama June in HD.

Unknown said...

My how someone has grown, now that that tree is gone just imagine how much faster he'll grow!

Tv reception, what's that?

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Ahhhh......we love our shade here in HOT central California, but I understand. Sometimes you just have to say good-bye. Especially if it interferes with Honey Boo Boo.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I fair dinkum laughed out loud on the bus. That sure was a quickly drafted post!!! Thank you lady .

Sue Frelick said...

I thought you had retired from blogging. How good to see you! A whole winter's worth of firewood from one tree is pretty amazing. It must have been huge.

Your little guy is growing like a weed. He's adorable!

(a.k.a. short, fat, Mormon chick :-)

The Domestic Fringe said...

Your little man has gotten SO big. Wow, I guess time really does fly. He's cute as ever.

That tree looks HUGE. Glad you got lots of good heating wood from it. My husband has been working like crazy to fill our whole garage with wood. I'm amazed by how much is in there already, but I know how quickly I burn through it.

Glad to see you blogging. I knew you had to have a couple of broken items in all these months.

I broke a dish today. It shattered into a million pieces. That's my broken item, for today anyway.
~FringeGirl

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back! Your grandson is so CUTE and so grown.
Do you really watch Honey Boo Boo?
Sinful!