Sunday, August 11, 2013

There's a New Boy in Town.

I have some sad/happy news to share, only you can be the judge.

Sassy has been traded to another team!  I know. Shocking to say the least.

Fashion Icon
Sassy has been very naughty this summer.  She decided she had enough riding and proceeded to throw Mr LC off of her back in a very decided manner.  Mr LC was having none of that. She has to go!  Proclaimed Mr LC after he picked himself up.

I myself was quite willing to say so long.  Until I saw this creature arrive to take her place in the pasture:








Meet Louis the Wonder Horse.  Not really a wonder horse, it just sounded good.  He's very tall and shall we say, not very attractive?  He danced around like a crazy thing when I was trying to take his photo.  Mr LC is in heaven because he is a Thoroughbred and Mr LC has always wanted a Thoroughbred.  He must have forgotten to tell me that little factoid.

We've had him for about a week, and he has not yet been ridden.  We shall see, Mr LC.  We shall see.


6 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

At least neither Sassy or Mr. LC ended up as broken items of the week. (and clearly YOUR heart wasn't either)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

broken that is

Don't you hate when you send a comment off and you're like - doggone it! I should've added more! Or does that only happen to me?

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hopefully Louis is a great guy...and the helmet looks like a good idea...

The Domestic Fringe said...

Well, I don't trust horses myself. We have a very tense relationship. After being thrown into a tree by a pony when I was a child, I've kind of been anti-horse. My daughter goes gaga over them, even ugly ones.

Do you ride? Or is Mr. LC on his own with the horses?
~FringeGirl

Makeminemidcentury said...

You know my thoughts on Sassy. I had a soft spot for her. Having said that, she never threw me to the ground.

I hope Louis the Wonder Horse is a little bit better behaved. Wouldn't Mr LC be better served by a set of golf clubs or something similar that doesn't require the need for protective head gear?

bobbi said...

NO! Sassy's gone?? SASSY!! come to aunt Bobbi! I'm okay with horses throwing me off, I broke my shoulder, my hip, my knee and my middle finger (yep) because a horse threw me off...I'm trained!Please Deb, just make sure Sassy doesn't become a steak.