Saturday, August 27, 2011

Whose Blog Is This Anyway?

I'm beginning to think lately that Sassy is taking over my blog.

Look at her laughing at me.

Mr LC decided to go to Halifax this week to visit with friends.  All was well until Thursday morning at about 6:20 am when I was woken up by a phone call.  'Are you missing a horse?' the fellow on the other end of the line asked. Great. Sassy on the lam.  Now this caller is a neighbour of ours who lives about 2km up the road from us.  I immediately called another friend/neighbour who lives down the road in the other direction and asked him for help.  I then jumped in the car to see whether I could getintheway help.  I so wish I had had my camera with me.  Here was our friend driving his car and leading Sassy alongside with a lead rope coming out of the open window!
She is now being held without bail in my neighbour's corral until such time as a court approved lawyer is retained.  Or until Mr LC gets home.
link
Courtroom artist's depiction of the defendant.



17 comments:

petals and vintage said...

Sassy is smart. Lucky she didn't get on a train! x

Makeminemidcentury said...

Ha! I whinnied at the court-room drawing! You are too funny.

That horse makes me think she's a daughter of Beelzebub. She's a tad naughty.

As for Pam's comment, lucky she doesn't have a passport!

Razmataz said...

Thats a gorgeous sketch of her. Maybe sassy is out trolling for a nice dark and handsome stallion........

An Urban Cottage said...

I don't know how you come up with this stuff. The courtroom drawing is priceless!

Laura said...

hee hee. Oh Sassy Malassy!
Can you bring my fringe vanilla to church with you on Sunday?

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOL! Glad she's ok...sounds like she has a wild streak!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at this! You always make my day! Miss Sassy is quite a character ... I would withhold all bond until Mr. LC returns!

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Pamela said...

Next time she escapes give her a stern taking too- involving the words: Newfoundland, Glue, and Dog Food. She'll get the hint, she's smart!

Becky said...

Well her name certainly fits her doesn't it? We have a saying for children like her. A kind but just judgment. "She's a mess!" I'd say.

I hope she behaves herself so she can get out on good behavior.

Leslie said...

Sassy is so cute!!! I'm sure she wouldn't mine sharing her blog with you. lol
Have a great new week

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Ahhh....broken item of the week - Sassy's corral.

the domestic fringe said...

Sassy is one funny horse. I like her spirit!
~FringeGirl

LeAnn said...

Hmmmm...seems next time Mr. LC better take Sassy along.

Anonymous said...

Sassy went to horse school for months to behave like this?? Naughty Sassy.

I think she should have her own blog.

the gardener's cottage said...

oh sassy, you are a girl after my own heart. i love this horse!!! and you too.

xo
janet

aimee said...

that girl! thats the best mug shot ive ever seen :)praying your power is restored soon.
blessings,
aimee

Blighty said...

And you have a horse? Goodness, I have some catching up to do!