Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheap(ish) Entertainment.

Last week Mr LC and I ventured into the big city for some errands.  We usually end up going into HomeSense for a good look around.  The store is full of all kinds of interesting things for the home.

First up:

Animal heads.  I know. Strange.  Especially the one in the middle.  I see them all over blog land though.


I thought this one would make good company for Sassy.  Or send her screaming.



I like these little drawer thingies.  Why am I drawn to this fake shabby, worn out looking stuff?

We could get our crafting on with this piece.  Any one of us could make that at home right?  Riiight.

Now this bulletin board in a frame even I could make.  I think.  I'm pretty sure.  Oh maybe not!



No, I did not break this.
 Look at this!  A fake Broken Item of the Week!  I always knew I would be a trend setter. That child's head is creepy though.



Owls are a big item in blog land right now, are they not?  Remember, speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil.


 Mr LC insisted on being in the photo.
HomeSense always has lots of mirrors.  Look at the nice bistro chair in the reflection



.
Millie deserves a nice pleather bed like this to lounge on.



 
I was hoping Mr LC would spring for this ottoman for me but he didn't like it.  It's all stained and shabby looking so that's why he didn't care for it.  It's already messed up, I reasoned.  What more could happen to it?  That thing was huge.


I love all this burlapy French stuff.  I wonder how long before it goes out of vogue?  The gray painted one is nice too.

Can you believe we left the store without buying anything?  I think that may be a first.  What do you think was Mr LC's favourite of all the things I showed you?

I bet everyone will be Pinteresting this post.  Or not.

19 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

That baby head has to be one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Can you send me one?

Makeminemidcentury said...

This post had me laughing out loud. I love how deadpan Mr LC is, yet how accommodating he is when it comes to photography.

What's with the broken babies head? There's something disturbing about that.

What's Mr LC's favourite piece? Hmmm, the little drawers?

the gardener's cottage said...

i can't believe you can get him into one these stores. larry wouldn't step a foot inside. he'd rather have a root canal done, at least that what he always says. thank you mr lc for giving to the blog. i wouldn't have a clue as to his favorite item. the exit door?

thedomesticfringe said...

Cute pictures! Love those owls. I see the animal heads on blogs and Pinterest and think it's cute too.

I love window shopping!

~FringeGirl

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Pillow Girl! Your super hero powers of making me laugh out loud were working overtime today. Broken item of the week? I busted a gut and then Worker Bee was like, "What's so funny?" Then I tried explaining......I finally said you just have to see it.

zigsma said...

That animal head in the middle looks dangerous. I like that union jack footstool too - I'll buy it for you!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH my gosh...you had me laughing, Deb...that fake broken item of the week...you should have bought it to fill in when you don't have one! So funny!

FabShabbyRoses said...

I have to agree with everything MakeMineMidCentury said. I laughed out loud. He's always there to help you isn't he? Too funny! I love being here at your blog to read! Have a great day! Carolyn

Sue Frelick said...

Laughing out loud! You got me started at "especially the one in the middle." Deb, you make life worth living just to come here for G rated entertainment. Love it!

His favourite item? The broken baby head? 'Cause he wouldn't have to fix it. lol

Laura said...

Dad looks so serious!
I want that automan

Laura said...

the 'automan' spelling killed you didn't it :)

Sacha said...

Yes, Mr. LC is our favourite accessory! I love the factial expressions with the mock resigned air! He's not kidding us - he loves the limelight!

I'm with the others on the baby head. Very disturbing. Yet I'm also strangely fascinated by it! Are you supposed to grow a plant in there so it will look like the baby has hair or something??
Not sure that would make it less creepy.

Sacha said...

facial expressions even...

Honey at 2805 said...

Hi Deb! I just posted about the pillow cover I recently won that you so graciously donated for Linda's giveaway!

Deserae said...

That broken baby head is so creepy!!! Love that mirror though...just gorgeous!
~Des

PS. I am now following you on Google...hope you will follow me back :o)

Taylor said...

What on earth is up with the baby head?!?

Taylor said...

What on earth is up with the baby head?!?

Anonymous said...

That baby head is scaring!!! And what should it be? A pot for plants? People is messed up.

Raine and Sage said...

I enjoy your shopping trips. The baby head was strange indeed, but I liked the drawers. Mr LC's a sewing and modeling skills are superior.