Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Disorderly Conduct.

I'm up to my eyeballs in cushion covers Gentle Readers.  I'm getting kind of frazzled sometimes too.  The other day I mailed off one to a dear lady and it was the WRONG ONE!  As soon as I posted it I knew.  A couple of emails later and things were fixed.  I'm glad she is so sweet and such a good sport.



I sent her a red one and it was supposed to be black.  It all worked out in the end though.

I think I've sent my minion into a sewing frenzy as well.  He got so focused on pounding out those covers at breakneck speed he got ahead of me.  I have to heat set the ink on the cushion covers after I silkscreen the image.  Well, you can guess what happened; he grabbed one that wasn't ready.



Catastrophe site

Mr LC ironed the ink with the iron set to steam.  OH NO!

I'm wondering if this will increase in value.  You know how stamps and money with mistakes on them become really valuable?  I'm thinking whoever buys this baby will be making a profitable investment.  

I'm taking bids, who wants to make me an offer?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two make an awesome team!

Looks like your pillow adventure has really taken off....good for you!

This kindof fits in with the broken item series. :)

An Urban Cottage said...

It's distressed. Add $15.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I was just about to say "broken item of the week" when I spotted your tree post! That's a big one! Don't feel bad, I switched up 2 orders this week...fun... Just be sure and sign your Picasso...

annie said...

It will be out of normal folks' price range I think!

Laura said...

Just sign your signature across it! ...then add $15 bucks like Urban Cottage said, lol.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Ah man! Everyone else beat me to the quippy comments.

You go Pillow Girl and the Steamer! (those are your new super hero names)

Sacha said...

Hmmm, a while back one of my (other) favourite bloggers did a bit on wabi sabi, or the perfection of imperfection... You've got it covered with this one! ;-D

thedomesticfringe said...

Dang! I keep losing my comment. 3 times since yesterday I've read this post and tried to comment...Yeesh. I better hurry up and congratulate you on your success before I lose another comment. Good work from the LC! Tell Mr. LC that we all make mistakes sometimes. He's a good worker though, I think you should keep him around. ;-)

~FringeGirl

Anna Bartlett said...

I think I need a minion. Obviously I was going about it the wrong way, thinking I needed to give birth to a useful one... but now you have me thinking that maybe the Husband is worth training...

How did your spoonflowering go? Not as much potential for excitement?