Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Up Side

Last week I was sick with a miserable cold.

Now due to my newly developed optmism, I endeavoured to see the positive side of things.

1.  You get to stay in your jammies all day.  Totally enjoyed this one.



2.  Your spouse cooks dinner every night.  Did I mention I hate cooking?  Score!

3.  Said spouse brings you flowers.


4.  You get to sleep in.


5.  You get out of cooking Easter dinner!  Refer to #2 above.

Dear daughter #2 volunteered to make dinner and then she came down sick.  So the rest of us went to a restaurant instead.  Everyone scored!  Well, except poor #2.
Now everyone is back to rights and my cold is but a fond memory.

I didn't say I had the optimism down perfectly yet!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post Deb. I mean I'm sorry you were sick but how great that you could see the benefits of it:)

LeAnn

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Glad you've decided to look on the bright side! :)

Fun post - it certainly made me smile. Happy to see you're better.

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOL! The pros of being sick over the holidays! Glad you are all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

This is too cute and funny! Glad you and #2 are feeling better! I never really thought to look at the bright side - but, you're absolutely right! :)

Unknown said...

Well I am sorry you were sick too but Easter dinner at a restaurant is not the worst thing for sure. I am glad you're better and all is right with your world :)

Laura said...

oh mum, you're too funny.
I love that pic of the little bunny in pjs!
I am happy you are well, and sorry that you now have to get dressed, cook, and in general, do regular everyday things again ;)

Creamy White said...

Hi Deb! First of all, I want to thank you for your lovely comment about my story. And for all of your comments.
I'm happy you are feeling well. Nothing like beign healthy, right?
Love the picutes!
Funny and we do have to look for the bright side!
Have a lovely day Deb,
Li :-)

Shannan Martin said...

Oh no! Your germs packed up and moved over to my sinuses! I'm feeling miserable, along with hubby, Silas and Calvin. And to my knowledge, Ruby just isn't ready to cook dinner yet. ;)

cute post. I always appreciate optimism!