Sunday, October 31, 2010

Play With Your Own Toys!

This past week I was doing up a parcel headed for a gal in Australia.  I've made some great friends through blogging and she is one of them.  Let's call her Candy. As I was putting things in the box I remembered something else I had for her.


During our many email conversations, Candy wanted to know all about the dreaded moose.  She wanted to know how big they were, if I had ever seen one, etc.  While #2 and I were out shopping I came upon a moose Christmas ornament.  I thought Candy would get a kick out of it so I bought it for her.

When I showed it to Hubby he thought it was a reindeer, not a moose. " Oh, yes it is." I affirmed. " There were reindeer there too.  This is definitely a moose."  Hubby proceeded to hang the moose up on the pot rack.  He's artsy that way.  I left it there because then I would know where it was, I reasoned.

Back to the parcel packing. Here's what happened:

Where's the moose? I asked, looking up at the pot rack.

Ah, I broke it.  Shame faced, from his comfy chair.

You what?  I sputtered.

I broke it.

You did not. Now, where is it?

I broke it, I said.

You're just teasing. Now, where is it?

No, I really did break it.

How did you do that?  I kept my head down.  I was trying not to laugh.

Well, I had the fly swatter out the other day and I clipped the antler on the moose and it broke off.  I tried two types of glue but it just won't stick.

I burst out laughing.  Now what am I gonna do?

I'll get another type of glue and try to fix it.

I'm not going to send her a broken moose!

Well, get her another one.

I can't.  I bought it in Maine.  I confess.  It was an American moose.  Well, actually a Chinese moose.  So there you have it.  No moose for Candy. From the Land Down Under.   I'm thinking of sending Hubby to her instead.


7 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

Maybe she could pretend it's a unicorn?

Make mine Mid-Century said...

You're one funny lady, Deb.

You never told me dreaded moose have such lovely teeth!

L said...

oh dear you too, oh dear.

Jemjoop said...

Oh hubby tsk tsk. What can you do. If it makes you feel any better I think that is a reindeer too :D

Jayme, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh send her the broken moose! That's such a cute story!

thedomesticfringe said...

On my first several, many, trips to Maine, I would try SO hard to find a moose. My husband and would hike in the woods, in swamps, around lakes...you name it, we've been there and done it; however, we never did see a moose. Then one day when we were living up there, we were just driving down the road and there was a giant moose standing right there in the middle of the road. I did all that hiking for nothing!!!

Sorry about your moose.
-FringeGirl

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a great story. So, do you really see moose much? I didn't think they were in your part of the country as much but it's been a few years since I took my Canadian geography course.