Friday, July 29, 2011

Broken Item of the Week

Yes, Gentle Readers, we are back to our sporadically scheduled Broken Item of the Week.  A few weeks ago Daughter #2 gifted us ( I use this term loosely, she got it free from work.)with a splendid new beverage container.  It was some new kind of super safe plastic cup with its own straw.  The only thing was that you could not put it in the dishwasher.
I make a smoothie everyday and this cup affair was the perfect size to put it in.  Mr LC would argue that #2 gave it to him personally but she assured me that it was ours to share.  Yesterday when I went to make my smoothie I could not find said cup.  I asked Mr LC where the cup was and he looked me straight in the eye and said 'I give my share of the cup to you'.  I immediately feared the worst.  You guessed it.
He said he was putting ice cubes in it and it broke.
I don't like drinking my smoothie in a regular glass because it doesn't fit.
I had to dig out this cup to use even though it's smaller than the broken one.  Then I told Mr LC that if I ever catch him using it and it broke he was going to have to fund my trip to New York to attend the musical Wicked and procure another cup. On second thought, maybe I should let him use it.

p.s. I will have you know dear readers, that I had to plunge into a full can of garbage to retrieve the cup to photograph for you.  These are the lengths I will go to for your reading pleasure.

13 comments:

elegancemaison said...

I'm afraid I groaned, " Oh no"! when I saw your headline. I'm so nervous of these posts. I NEVER break anything but Mr EM - he's definitely related to you or Mr LC. If I hear a crash he has to fess up. But otherwise he's generally in denial ( aka lying through his teeth). No more, please no more!

Sue Frelick said...

LOL! Sorry about the cup. I always drink my smoothie right from the blending cup. Is that wrong?!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You have the best sense of humor! And I truly appreciate the sacrifice you made for us. You are noble too!

An Urban Cottage said...

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you out on a technicality. This gentle reader isn't so sure that "cracked" is really "broken."

Anonymous said...

I must say I enjoyed Mr LC's answer! And it's good to know that you give the blog and us your utmost (I secretly love the broken posts...)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I enjoy your sense of humor. Doesn't everybody have a special glass or coffee cup? I know we do.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I should write, Mr LC! He has to stop!

But I love the broken posts too.

Well, sometimes they bring tears, but otherwise its all schadenfreude at this end!

Laura said...

oh mum, lol. the depths of the garbage, just for us! Do you think dad does it on purpose now, just for the infamy?
I use my wicked cup for smoothies too! Did you see my fb picture the other day?

LeAnn said...

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry...another broken item. It's definitely a curse...lol!

the domestic fringe said...

I am glad we are not the only clumsy family in this world. Your broken item posts are oddly comforting to me.

Sad for your loss though. What do you put in your smoothies? I've made strawberry banana a few times and blueberry banana, but I have not ventured into the exotic. Yet.
~FringeGirl

brismod said...

Even the seemingly unbreakables break at your place!! Top marks for dedication to blogging award - rubbish bin diving is a new one! xx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Aw, your smoothie cup...I would miss mine, too! Now you have an excuse to go shopping for a new one...

Raine and Sage said...

Ha! I appreciate your garbage bin plunge. You're a bit like a bear aren't you?!