Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Place of My Own part two: Mini Bedroom

When I posted pictures of my dollhouse living room I got a chuckle because some of you thought it was my real house! I'll take it as a compliment.
This is my mini bedroom. I tried to make it kind of cottagey, shabby chic style. The pink bedspread is a silk hankie I found at an antique shop. The little dresser and the crates came from Jemjoop, she has a wonderful shop on Etsy.
The armoire came from Michael's. I just painted it and papered the inside back.
The rug came from Ebay and was super cheap. I searched high and low for the spool bed, I had one like that as a girl and then Daughter #2 used it when she came along. I don't know if you can tell but there is a diamond ring in a box on the night stand. I can (waste) spend hours online searching for minis!
Sorry for the picture quality, I'll try and take some using daughter #2's camera while I still have it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable. We never tire of playing house do we.

LeAnn

Jo Raines said...

I love it. Did you make the sofa and chair?! Everything is so pretty.

Deb said...

No Jody, I'm not that good at making things like you are!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

So cute! I'm working on the trim in my dollhouse bedroom now...it's just so much fun. I can while away hours on eBay if I'm not careful, dreaming of furniture.....thanks so much for sharing yours!

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

How lucky you are to have Michaels, that armoire is fabulous!
That spool bed is fantastic and the whole room is so pretty!
Mercedes

Janean said...

man, i thought i was looking at an actual bedroom...as in real size! wow!!!!

Jacci said...

so cute!!! i love the painted armoire :)