I apologize for the lack of posts lately but I was totally immersed in watching the Olympic games. I am not into sports at all and never watch them except for the Olympics. I wonder if anyone can explain this weird behaviour to me.
My friend Jody over at Peach Blossom Hill gave me this award, my first ever! I'm supposed to pass it on and tell ten things about myself. Here goes:
1. I am more comfortable going in a room full of strangers than people I know. I have no explanation for this.
2. My mother lived with us for the last two years of her life as she battled cancer. She died a year and a half ago and I am just now getting to a place of peacefulness and contentment.
3. When I was 17, on a school trip to the Mediterranean countries I was almost kidnapped into white slavery by a man in Tunisia, North Africa. I guess a herd of screaming 17 year olds was too much for him!
4. I love European history, especially British history and can name every one of King Henry viii's wives.
5. My husband is going to retire in a year from this coming June and I don't know what I will do with him around every day! eek!
6. I was a stay at home mum for my kids. We had to do a lot of budgeting and making do because this economy is not made for single income families. I still stay at home because my hubby likes me to be home when he's finished work for the day. No problem sweetie!
7. I silkscreen pillows and things and I want to start up an Etsy shop but I am scared.
8. I have not had sugar for four weeks and have lost 10 lbs. My mood has been considerably better so that is worth it.
9. I need some alone time everyday. This was a big problem for me when my mother was living with us but I managed some how. My husband knows this about me and he helped me so much with my mum, I don't think many guys would have been as patient with me as he was.
10. I would happily live in England if I could afford it. I've been there twice and love it so much.
I'm sure that's about as much excitement as you can stand for now. When I learn how to do the link thing I will pass this on.