Monday, February 8, 2010

A Place of My Own



Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted a dollhouse. My favourite toys were always miniatures of something, be it dolls or houses. A few years ago, when we first became empty nesters, I decided to fulfill my life long dream of owning a dollhouse. Thank you Ebay! We don't live near a large enough city, so all my purchases came from online. I've made a few things but mostly bought the furniture, etc. There are lots of great blogs and other online sources with tons of ideas.
The living room rug is hand stitched. The walls are Benjamin Moore Natural Linen and the tea set is real silver in honour of my hubby who collects real size silver. The little mat at the foot of the stairs was made by me stitched totally in french knots which mimics rug hooking. My husband wired the house for me and the lighting just brings the place alive. You notice I have a dining room table but no chairs, still hunting for the perfect ones. I think if you click on the pics they will get bigger.
Thanks to Jayme of Tales from the Coop Keeper she has got me going on my dollhouse again. I kind of put in the background lately. Next time I'll post pictures of the kitchen. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Karin said...

I am cracking up right now....I took a look at that first photo and thought "geez those are some steep steps...." I thought it was a picture of your living room! Then I read further...

Jemjoop said...

Wow, gorgeous. Congrats on the dh! Ha- I thought that was your real house too. Real lights really make it picture perfect.

Mini shopping is always better online, it's cheaper.

Have much fun my friend!

Laura said...

It does look very 'real'.
You'll have to make a post listing the "I can't believe you can buy that on ebay" items :)

Shannan Martin said...

I merely saw the photos and thought, "She needs to know Jayme!" Looks like you're a step ahead of me. :) What fun!!