Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Big Flea

This weekend Hubby, #1, and I went to a ginormous flea market that is held every year at this time.  We didn't go last year because of possible heat stroke and I think we forgot about it the year before that, so this year I was determined to go.  Never mind that I've been getting rid of things all summer, I just had to go.


This was my favourite booth.  I love those vintage things, they make me happy.


I really would have liked to buy the tumblers with the scotty dogs on them.  We used to buy peanut butter in them when I was a kid.  The seller wanted $40.00 for them.  No sale.


This stand was great too.


The linens were all beautifully cleaned and starched.


More beautiful linens.


Another happy spot for me.


More vintage goodness.

Lots of antiques.


Tupperware has certainly brightened up!


How do you like this sign?


I hated to leave this behind. not


Love all of these windows, especially the blue ones.


French Coke anyone?


Didn't have to go to Chinatown after all!

A great time was had by all.  We met all kinds of people we knew there.  It was interesting to see their treasures too.  I'll show you the junk treasures that I bought tomorrow.

8 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

Can't wait to see what you got ... I loved the red apple thing which was on one of your kitchen stalls that you liked.

Who in their right mind would buy that stool with the legs!?

Great day for you!

Unknown said...

That surely looked like a great time! I look forward to spying what you brought home :)

Blessings!
Gail

An Urban Cottage said...

HEY, there's a set of old sidelights there with those old windows! I love the blue windows too.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what you picked up! Loved meeting your extended "family" on your other post. What an adorable family! I haven't been to a flea market in ages. I miss them! Glad you could go for me! :)

Jessica said...

Ohhh I'm jealous! I wish I could have gone to that flea market. I have never been to one.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your treasures! Looks like a super fun day.

-FringeGirl

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Ooh...look at all the goodies...my kind of day!

Unknown said...

What a great assortment of treasures. I think I need to make a trip east next summer!