Thursday, March 24, 2011

Close to Home

**
I was reading the latest blog post from An Urban Cottage yesterday.  It was about wallpaper.  And Sassy.  Anyway the post reminded me of an alumni magazine we get regularly.  Daughter #2 attended Mount Allison University a few years ago and they send us a copy of their magazine I'm sure in the hopes that we will donate some money.

There was an article inside about this dear little lady:
*
Her name is Elizabeth Eaton Rosenthal ('64).  I just want to squeeze her.  This university has graduated some of Canada's most famous artists.  Ms. Rosenthal went to NYC upon her graduation from university and immediately got a job designing fabric and textiles.  Here is some of her work:
*
Please excuse my poor scanning skills.  The design pictured on the left of the photo was one she did for P. Kaufmann.

*
The top photo was a design commissioned by Ralph Lauren.  Bottom left is by Duralee fabrics and bottom right is a wallpaper design.
Ms Rosenthal always wears green and has green hair!  She is better known as "Sweetheart"  or "The Green Lady." She says "It(green) is the most positive colour I've ever experienced.  Every day I meet such awesome people who talk to me because I'm green."  Google her if you can and learn all about this amazingly talented lady.

** This post is Sassy approved.

* Photos are from the Mount Allison University's Alumni and Friends Record.

15 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

We can never get too much Sassy!

All I can say is "You go, girl." I hope to be in somebody's magazine when I'm 70 years old. Cute as a little green button she is. I love people with three names and love her work too.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I love eccentrics. Clean eccentrics. They have to be clean. She looks clean and green. What a wonderful woman, and she has a groovy necklace combo happening.

annie said...

Our inner city was home for many years to a couple of gentle women known as the "pink ladies". They were twins, quite clean and drove an old pink car. Delightful!

Faye Henry said...

SO MANY CREATIVE PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH..
GREEN IS MY FAV COLOR, ALSO..
PEACE...

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

She does just look so squeezable! I think the green hair is my favorite.

petals and vintage said...

She does look like a squeezable greenie. I feel the need to say 'bless her little cotton socks'

Thanks for educating me. :) Have a great weekend Deb.

Pam x

the old boathouse said...

Yes I so get the wanting to squeeze her...she looks a darling...and so talented. Love your last post. How is the machine working out? cheers Katherine

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

A real original...love it!

Raine and Sage said...

I must say The Green Lady does make you want to talk to her, just by being green. Maybe it is easy being green afterall.
What an interesting lady.

Sue Frelick said...

Goosebumps! Thanks for that :-)

Sue Frelick said...

I just looked at the article you mentioned on papering closets. There was old wallpaper in our victorian cottage when we bought it; the kind that needs to be pasted manually. I was going to give it to a charity sale. Now I'm rethinking that!

Anonymous said...

I am going to google the green lady's name right after this comment. I have never enough of talented and inspiring women, and I love learning about new artists (new to me, of course).
Green lady, here I come!!

the domestic fringe said...

She looks like the kind of lady whose stories I could sit and listen to for hours.

Anonymous said...

I did not just attend Mt.A - but graduated from there with a BA. Most days I didn't think I'd ever see initials after my name... but I pulled through.
- Daughter #2

Deb said...

Welcome aboard, #2!