Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Altered Art?

Every time I drive by this I want to take a picture to show you and I finally remembered to take my camera with me. run on  sentence.

What do you think?  Like it or loathe it?  The young guy who owns this usually has huge wooden carvings that he makes out there.  When he does some more I'll try and show you.

This is my latest foray into altering things:


I saw some stamped ribbon on an online shop somewhere and decided to try it for myself.  Easy peasy!

Just make sure you use waterproof ink.


I got the stamps on Etsy from a shop called Nora Jane's. I think that's the name.

 I also tried stamping on sheer organza type ribbon too and it worked beautifully.  Did I take a picture?  Nooo  because I am doing this nonstop:

Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the door art! I wouldn't mind having those doors for my house.
I'm doing the same thing and with a huge headache to go along!
Feel better!
Sarah

Deb said...

I wouldn't mind having those doors either. And yes I've got the wonderful headache too!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That's just a hilarious picture to end your post with. Hope that device can safely be removed soon.

I just saw this ribbon stamping recently too. I love the bee ribbon. What are you going to do with them? Wrap presents? Make more of your delightful pillows? I am definitely going to try this soon! Maybe today!

Oh yes, nearly forgot - love the doors. What a great idea for privacy or just some structure in the yard.

How's the craft room/studio coming along? Is it working for you?

Jo Raines said...

I like the doors! I love old, aged doors anyway and grouped together is great! And your stamped ribbon is wonderful! What wonderful things will you do with them?!

Jody

Deb said...

Janelle and Jody, I love those doors too and I have no idea what to do wit the ribbon. I was thinking for gift wrapping but the pillow idea is a good one. Thanks!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I just love the little bee ribbon! I'm all about bees. Now, I do like the doors, but I'm not sure I like them all grouped like that........is it your allergies acting up!? Aren't they the worst?

Deb said...

Hi Jayme, just a miserable cold.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better! I love the door art. Your ribbons are really cute too. What are you going to make with them?
-FringeGirl