Monday, March 8, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This photo above is the mess my dining room is in because of the craft room reno. I am embarrassed to have people see this room but we all subscribe to "keepin' it real". My doggy is the only one enjoying this room as you can see. Notice the bathroom vanity at the end of the table.
This is the lovely bamboo flooring my husband surprised me with.
Above you can see the beadboard we installed along with a peek into the dining room.

This is the back view of the room with my desk covered in hardwood and my lovely old door.
Here's the sub floor we we worked on this week. See my hubby's favourite tool - the chop saw.

Some time ago I wrote on this blog about my new craft room. Some time has passed and I wanted to show you the amazing progress we have made. Pretty quick eh? We only started this last summer!

7 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

We take a long time too...that is life. I can tell with all the peeks at your floors, old doors, beautiful furniture that this will all turn out beautifully!!!

Karin said...

That floor color is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! What great bones! You are making progress. We are still in the talking phase - me trying to talk him into getting started with me - on some of our projects. I'm really looking forward to what is next!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Rats! Forgot to mention how GREAT that door is!

Jo Raines said...

Your craft room is going to be wonderful! I won't even show my basement where I work! I doubt it will ever be in the shape to show! LOL!

Love the bamboo flooring.

Jody

Shann said...

What a great room! I love the door, floors, and beadboard. It will be a wonderful craft studio! I can not wait to see it finished! We are getting ready to make some BIG changes in our kitchen. I love the finished projects but I am terrible with patience. Thanks for all your sweet sweet comments on my blog. They really make my day dear!
Shann

Anonymous said...

It's going to be just beautiful!!! I love the dark floors and beadboard. It's a great combination. The desk looks great too, even with the flooring on top. Can't wait to see the finished product. I just bought 3 cans of paint today and I'll be tackling my hallway over the next few days. Can't wait to have something done.
-FringeGirl