Monday, March 29, 2010

The Best Gifts Come in Small Packages

Do you remember how when you were small, the biggest gift seemed so exciting?  My mum always told me       " The best gifts come in small packages."

Well, she was right!  Look inside:

Do you see that copy of Flea Market Style in there?  I received all this mini goodness just because I offered to send a life size copy to a gal in New Zealand  as they were not available there.


The little magazine even has pages in it!  She made all the little rusty jugs,  the sweetest little birdhouses, and the dear little nest!

She is so sweet that after she accepted my offer of the magazine, she was contacted by the editors and sent one by them, she said she was going to send me some minis anyway!

So I sent her a copy of Cottage Style instead.  Mercedes said magazines are so expensive in New Zealand that she just doesn't buy them.  I hope she will be pleased, she hasn't received my parcel yet.
I am continually amazed at the kindness of strangers friends we have met online.  Everyone is so sweet and generous.


Please hop over and visit her blog.  Even if you are not into minis, you will be inspired for your real sized home!  Thank you so much Mercedes!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely precious. I think I love the rusty pitchers the best. Rusty! Who'd a thunk it? So cute.

Anonymous said...

How precious are they! What a sweet thought from both of you! :)
Sarah

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

So glad they arrived there safely Deb.
I'm looking forward to the magazine arriving, I think maybe the posties are reading it first!
Mercedes

Anonymous said...

Those are super cool mini's! The little magazine is pretty amazing. Hope you had a good Monday.

-FringeGirl

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You are such a generous soul! The little miniatures are so adorable.

Hugs to you,
Janelle

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a nice post- love the mini magazine!

Gabrielle Mader said...

How sweet are those tiny treasures. I would love to start a dollhouse, I have one and old yellow victorian and seeing Mercedez is such an inspiration. I can't believe she makes them..what a talent.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Those are adorable minis! And you are sweet for having offered! Yay for internet friends!

Jo Raines said...

I've been a big fan of Mercedes for a long time! I hope to swap with her one day!
What sweet little treasures!

Jody

An Urban Cottage said...

Hi, Deb. I almost mentioned you in that post because you may be surprised to know that you've been on my radar since that same Kelly McGuill post where you commented that "some guys just don't get it." But you passed muster when I saw your husband made curtains. I love your old house! Thanks for stopping by. Steve

Linda Carswell said...

You will go a long way to find any-one more sweeter and generous than Mercedes, I am to have the pleasure of meeting her...yes, in 'real' life...very soon,can't wait!

Regards, Linda