Monday, March 22, 2010

Hot Cross Buns!

I make bread two or three times a week in this little number above.  Last week I decided to make hot cross buns and looked for a bread maker recipe online.  I just picked the first one I found here

This is what the dough looked like when I took it out of the bread maker.


Then you make little buns on a greased pan, cover and let them rise according to the recipe.


I guess I skipped a step!  Now as if by magic they are all baked.  Just brush some water and sugar on the tops to make them nice and shiny.


The icing recipe calls for water but I used milk instead.  That's how I roll.  To me, these are not wearing enough icing but you can do what you want.  Now, these little buns are best on the day you make them so prepare to enjoy them. A lot.  Carry on.

ps. I think the middle one in the top row has a tumour or something.

pps. I omitted the fruit because...well, just because.

7 comments:

Laura said...

eww. does the tumour have teeth or hair like on those gross medical shows?

Anonymous said...

These look yummy. I'd definitely add a little more icing though, because I am a glutton for punishment. ;-)

-FringeGirl

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

They look delicious Deb and the best thing about them is that they have no fruit - I'm not a fruit person!
Mercedes

Jo Raines said...

You are so funny! I always get a chuckle! That's how you roll! These look delicious! I never bake. My mother in law does and my husband does sometimes. He makes the bread from scratch for our church communion services! It's always warm and delicious!

Jody

Deb said...

Jody,

Where do you find a man who bakes????

Unknown said...

Oooooo, I'm with you. NO FRUIT ON MY FOOD. I like to eat my fruit in its natural state and not mix it with anything. I am so bad that the Butler bought me a "trail mix" bagel the other day and I cut it open to find some fruit and wouldn't eat it. Ick.

These ... however... look perfect!

Creamy White said...

Hi Deb, thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. It's always a pleasure to meet new people and another canadian!
I'll be following your blog with joy.
Have a lovely day,
:-) Li